Fast, Easy, Convenient!
Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) is the Dallas area’s regional transit system. DART is also the best way to get to downtown Dallas for the Dallas Holiday Parade. The agency’s rail stations and bus stops get you within blocks of the parade route.
DART trains and buses operate daily from approximately 5 a.m. to midnight, seven days a week.
To plan your journey, use the “Plan” tool in the GoPass app, visit DART.org, call DART Customer Service at 214-979-1111, or use the Transit option in Google Maps.
You can look up train and bus schedules at DART.org/schedules.
The parade route passes through a big portion of downtown Dallas. The DART rail stations conveniently get you within walking distance of viewing areas for the parade so you don’t miss any of the action.
· St. Paul, Akard, and West End stations (Red, Blue, Orange or Green Line)
· Convention Center Station (Red or Blue Line)
· Dallas Streetcar – Union Station stop
· For trip planning by bus, use these stops to get closest to the parade route:
· Elm @ Lamar
· Elm @ Griffin
· Elm @ Akard
· DART Buses will detour around the parade route and staging/dispersal areas. Visit DART.org/RiderAlerts for specific route changes closer to the parade.
Purchasing DART Passes
We recommend that you buy a DART Day Pass, which is valid for unlimited rides on the date of purchase. Adult, Child, and Senior passes are available. Here are three ways to buy your DART pass:
· Contactless Payment – Hold your contactless credit or debit card, or your payment-enabled mobile device, up to any GoPass® Tap reader every time you board. Each person must use a different, unique contactless debit/credit card or payment-enabled mobile device because that card or device is your “ticket.” The system will automatically select the best fare but only charges Local Adult fares.
· Ticket Vending Machines – Located on DART Rail platforms, TVMs sell Day Passes and AM/PM Passes and accept cash and debit/credit cards.
Free DART Parking
· To find a list of DART Park & Ride locations, visit DART.org/parking